About the blog

I have been collecting Lego sets for many years and I have developed a strong passion for it. I love to pay attention to the little details in sets and I love even more to find great things about sets which seem small and basic. This blog will become host to many reviews for a wide variety of Lego sets, ranging from old themes such as Power Miners to new themes such as Nexo Knights. The reviews will not be biased and will aim to help a variety of Lego lovers such as those who are new buyers and those who collect and display.

Tuesday 5 December 2017

Revival Project Digital: Expansion



At long last, I have finally finished building the mystery building that I plan on having next to the pet shop! The building is the Ghostbusters HQ and took so long because of how many pieces are included. I apologise for not posting for a couple of months but as you can imagine, this post has taken a lot of time to make. Amazingly, Lego Digital Designer hasn't crashed yet whilst I've been building so hopefully I can still build much more into this project. Currently, the brick count is at 10569 pieces. As you can see, I have also built a couple of extra things which I will talk about later in the post.




As you can see, the Ghostbusters HQ is both taller and longer than the pet shop. As the pavement creates a gap between the two buildings, I will extend the path to the back of the pet shop and create a proper garden area for the pet shop and house instead of leaving the back as plain green baseplate. This idea will probably also extend to the back of the shop, plus I will definitely try to extend the shop to make it fit in with the large modular buildings next to it.




If you look through the windows, you can see the internal decoration I have included in the Ghostbusters HQ instead of only building the exterior. On the ground floor, you can see some boxes, on the first floor you can see some beds and tiled floor, on the second floor, you can see a pool table, carpet, and a glimpse of machinery at the back.




I have also build a small police outpost which acts as a border between the main city area and the mines. Originally, I was going to make it so that some of the area behind this point was desert, however due to how little space it would take up, I have decided to make the terrain rocky instead to fit in with the mining area.




I have started work on the track which leads to the Power Miner's HQ, I will try and blend it into the road once I have finished figuring out how to build it. I might include a break in the left mound on the corner to indicate that vehicles can drive left, however, I may do something else instead.




This is what I hope the Power Miner's HQ area will look like in real life, however it might be a little bit too wide with the fences included to fit. The front gates can both open and at the two front corners, connecting the fences, are the bases of what will be two guard towers. I plan on placing many more crystals inside the HQ area, you can see a couple that I have already included. In reality I would have two large mining vehicles in this area, unfortunately as the programme won't et me place wheels on baseplates, all vehicles will have to be left until last. I think this area looks the most completed out of what I have done so far.




As the traffic light that is included in the Ghostbuster's HQ set is facing the wrong way, I might change the corner that lies in-front of it into a T junction and place a building or another corner on the other side of the HQ. If I decide not to do this, I will try and alter the traffic light.




As you can see, I have added lots of green and coloured two of the corner plates. The blue corner signifies roughly where ocean will start and the dark red corner indicated where volcanoes and lava related sets will be. The green area is roughly all of the available space I have for the fair ground. The next steps will be completing the track to the Power Miner's HQ, adding more terrain to that area, and working on the fair ground. I might also start building the area next to the police station, expanding the shop, and adding some non Lego related things, for example the shelves the lie behind the Power Miner's HQ.

I really hope that you have enjoyed this post, again I apologise for how long it has taken to release. I really hope the next post will be released soon. Please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions, I would love to know how the track leading to the Power Miner's HQ is looking so far and whether or not you enjoy the posts.















No comments:

Post a Comment