About the blog

I have been collecting Lego sets for many years and I have developed a strong passion for it. I love to pay attention to the little details in sets and I love even more to find great things about sets which seem small and basic. This blog will become host to many reviews for a wide variety of Lego sets, ranging from old themes such as Power Miners to new themes such as Nexo Knights. The reviews will not be biased and will aim to help a variety of Lego lovers such as those who are new buyers and those who collect and display.

Tuesday 3 October 2017

Revival Project Digital: The New City



I am very glad to say that after trying, and failing, to restore the previous world I had built, I have decided to just restart the project and I have built pretty much everything I currently own in the main city area! I own every set which appears in the image above except from two, these being the set I am going to build next to the pet shop and Avengers Tower. The main aim of this project is to show you what the finished version of 'Revival Project' should look like once I buy more sets, more baseplates, and more decorations. Behind the pet shop is going to be wall and behind the fire station will be a very large box which acts as a cliff and the top of that cliff will be the aircraft hangar. The grass area will be extended out and in the centre of that area will sit the fairground, to the left of the fairground will sit the fire temple, and on the right will be desert leading to the mining area.










The fire station is one of my oldest sets, so is the police station, petrol station, and shop. This is a reason why I have chosen to rebuild from the main city area, because then you can see the city grow in the way it has done in reality. I do not currently own the green baseplates or the extension road I added to the smallest bay. My plan is to buy these things and add more detail such as flowers and a rough path leading across the middle grass section. I don't know where the police box should go. It might stay where it is because it is out of the way and looks ok in that location, if you have any thoughts on where I should place it, please let me know. I might extend the back of the fire station, however I won't do any extensions until most of the world is built.




I am planning on building a police vehicle bay in-between the police station and shop. To the left of the police station will probably be a raised helicopter platform because currently my large police helicopter takes up that gap. The back of the police station will definitely be extended because the vehicle bay extend to behind the station to allow accessibility from the inside of the station to the inside of the vehicle bay. The bay will store a variety of police vehicles but mainly the mobile police unit.




Unfortunately I cannot show you this section to be exactly how it is because the software would not let me complete the pet shop sign. I also cannot place a ball and two bones in the tray area in-front of the pet show window. I will not reveal what the building on the right will be but it is very large. I don't know if I will be able to place it there in reality because currently the pet shop sits against the wall and the building to the right, if in line with the pet shop, would be sitting 16 studs into the wall because it goes back much further than the pet shop. This means I will have to bring the city 16 studs forwards and I don't currently know if I have the space to do that without the fairground looking very crammed together.




In reality, there will be cars in the petrol station and car wash. At the moment I am not going to place cars because the programme will not let me place wheels on baseplates. If I placed a car, I would have to build baseplate around that car which is really awkward to do. I will place all people I own in the world at some point.




Please tell me if Avengers tower looks out of place. I have placed it there because it then acts as the centre of the city area. I have created a small track for very small vehicles leading around the tower. I do not yet own Avengers tower but I do plan on buying it eventually.




One thing I didn't expect to be building with the tower is a very small drone that should be hidden away in the roof. The programme wouldn't let me place it where it should be so I decided to place it 'in action'. All flying things which I cannot place will be show in this way. I will possibly buy some stands in the future so that I can display them this way in reality too.




I hope you enjoyed this post and will see the next in the series. The next steps will be building the place next to the pet shop and figuring out how far away the fairground is from the petrol station. I will also try to figure out how big the desert area can be. If you have any suggestions or thoughts on this project, please let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment